Saturday, August 25, 2007

Budgeting

Yeah Yeah Yeah I know, it has taken me 7 months after starting work to put some sort of budget together. Felt I've been spending a bit too much earlier this year (new camera, mini hi-fi amongst other things) so need to take a reality check, especially realizing how much I get slugged in tax.

It's going to be a month-by-month thing. I don't like to look too far ahead (given there is no certainty I'll still be working in 6 months) and also, if I do a yearly budget, I doubt I'll stick to it.

So I've just put together a quick spreadsheet for the month of September. And the forecast is that I'm going to spend just a shade under 30% of what I earn. Will see how that goes...

1 Comments:

Blogger luuhq said...

just under 30%?

geez, you are either getting paid a buttload or planning to become really tight.

tell me which one so i can decide to apply for a job where you work or not.

9/01/2007 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home