Sunday, May 30, 2004

4:06am

Meant to go to sleep one hour ago but Coke from the previous night must have kept me up. Mitch initiated a conversation on MSN and we chatted about various things at the start but it ultimately came down to one thing: Religion. I was mainly the one doing the querying since I have a shallow background on the topic and although it was interesting at times I'm still none the clearer.

Why have religion?
What influence you to believe in a religion?
What is there to live for in life?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My answers
1. Mans ultimate solution to the unanswerable question. Giving purpose to a meaningless existance.
2. A form of control.... who can argue with god?
3. Allay ones fear of death... people prefer to deceive themselves that this life is some sort of stop gap on their way to eternal life. Not so... this is the end of the road... or why would we be afraid to die?

I don't

Nothing... absolutely nothing

The Deceiver

5/30/2004 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home