Tuesday, December 05, 2006

2 (or 30) games for...$2.40

Went to EB Games at Macquarie Centre this afternoon to use a $20 gift voucher that someone gave me just before I finished up at TCI last year. I also bumped into Sam who was bored at work and went to MC for a stroll hehe...

What I got at EB:


Championship Manager 4 (CM4)
Some of you know I love to play CM. No, in fact, I'm addicted to that stuff. I remember back in the first two years of uni, during the holidays I would play CM01/02 well into the early hours of the morning (like 4-5am) and you have to wonder, how can anyone get so excited by a game that is pretty much text-based? CM4 was released around 2002/03 so it's quite old but a substantial upgrade from CM01/02.

Funny enough, there were two different packaging of the same game for sale differing about $30. I bought the cheaper one but it seems there's no manual in the el cheapo version (such a big box for one cd). Meh, just find stuff online.

Price: $14.95 (Even though on the box it says $19.95)


Taito Legends
The tagline of this game is: "29 games that defined a generation". I was expecting games like Tetris, Pacman etc but no, none of that is in it. However there is BUBBLE BOBBLE, one of my all time favourite!! Other games include Space Invaders (part 1 and part 2...lol), New Zealand Story and Elevator Action. You can find the full list here. To be honest, I don't really know most of the games so not sure whether it was worth it but seeing it cost around $7.50, what the heck.

Price: $7.44 (Originally $9.92 but it's 25% of marked price. I did see some other copies marked with a different price: $14.50 or $29.95)

Total amount paid: $14.95 + $7.44 - $20 = $2.40

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam Ngai said...

Oh, Oh, BUBBLE BOBBLE! Let me playyyyy!

12/06/2006 12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kog.

My daughter bought this for me but I can't get it to run. Trying everything but no luck to date. Any clues apart from Tatito forums. Taito appear to not support this but it's only just been bought!

I'm with you. Must be a different generation to the Bubble Bobble one. There's a few there. Super Qix was great but it's been a year or two!. not much chop if it won't run though!! regardles of cheap.

1/20/2007 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home