Monday, May 31, 2004

What a waste of a day + Krispy Kreme challenge

At a time when I should be devoting my time to study for the exams and listen closely in lectures, I had one bludgy day:

11am-12pm, ELEC3006 LEC - Spent this hour adding the final touches to the physics assignment. I don't care what other people think, Americans can be quite useful. Like putting worked solutions up on the web.

1pm-2pm, TELE3013 LEC - Did actually tried listening to the lecturer but these days whatever they say just go in one ear and out the other.

3pm-4pm, PHYS2939 LEC - Handed the assignment in and left. Went to Roundhouse and also kicked a footy at Village Green.

5pm-6pm, TELE3013 LEC - Didn't really feel like learning or listening so just talked to Jane. She's going to exchange in about 2 months and has a job lined up when she gets back. I'm gonna be stuck here repeating subjects and work as a newspaper boy. Splendid.

Gan and I then checked out the new Krispy Kreme at Wynyard. It opened last Wednesday and is located above Wynard Station (bus interchange). Here's what happened:

6:45pm - Joined the queue. Couldn't believe how many people lined up. I can see it coming. Soon, people will carry their briefcase in one hand and a bag of Krispy Kreme in the other. Even more funny will be those that carries a 'Fitness First' gym bag.

6:55pm - We placed our orders (1 dozen of originals each) and I challenged Gan to finish all the doughnuts before we get home.

7:00pm - Went back down to Wynard station to wait for the train coming in 20 mins. There we started eating. Gan stopped after 4 while I continued. Got a few looks from other people and I made a mess of the platform with the icing.

7:20pm - Train arrived. 3 doughnuts left in my box.

7:30pm - Train arrived at Central. 2 left now.

7:40pm - Train somewhere between Redfern and Burwood. One more to go...

7:45pm - Upon arriving at Burwood, I finished my dozen and win the challenge. The last three were the hardest to get down and not surprisingly I started to feel sick but not sick enough to throw up.

8:10pm - Got home, skipped dinner and vowed not to eat any doughnuts in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home