Saturday, July 10, 2004

What a jip

Well, the stove is finally fixed but not before some hardcore jipness. My journey to find the mainboard's ceramic fuse started at the local hardware store and Tandy, then Bunnings Thornleigh, Dick Smith Macquarie Centre and finally Wagners Ashfield (yes, I went all over Sydney to find a fuse). Given the sort of day I was having, I had no luck at any of the places, so the final resort was to call Energy Australia's Emergency Services. I don't know why it is called 'Emergency Service' but after ringing them at 5pm, they did not arrive till 4 hours later. Some service! The guy asked a few questions regarding the situation, fitted a new fuse and that was it. All that for $85!! He was present for what, 10 minutes at most?!? I could of gone to a shop, bought the damn thing for around $20 and fitted it myself. It's a disgrace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Serves you right.
You should have done electrical engineering.
They teach you where to find fuses in Elec 4999. I'm doing that as my professional elective.

Gan

7/11/2004 1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home