Sunday, December 26, 2004

Sing for me!

Watched Phantom Of The Opera tonight with some of the guys from church. Even though it got only 39% from Rotten Tomatoes, the film ain't that bad at all. It kind of makes me want to go watch the musical and compare it (Haha, me going to a musical??). Hmmm...Oh yeah, I also saw the trailer for this movie coming up called...wait for it...Bride and Prejudice. Nup, no mistake in the spelling. The director of Bend It like Beckham brings us the Bollywood version of Pride and Prejudice. Err...yes...that's *interesting*

Today was also the start of Sunday School holiday program. After games and songs, we split up into small groups and talked about materialism. It felt weird because it was the first time I attended Sunday School let alone leading a discussion group. But the kids were cool with it and I kinda enjoyed the experience =)

So what should our attitude towards materials be? Jesus tells us that it is not possible that we serve both God and Money for we will devote to one and despise the other(Matthew 6:24). He also tells us that God knows our needs and we should instead "seek first his kingdom and his righteousness". With the annual stocktake sales starting tomorrow, where do you stand? I know I definitely need to change...

SHORT NOTES
*Borrowed 4 DVDs off Noddy = about 100 epidsodes of Naruto. Yeha!
*Downloaded Mozilla Firefox last night and liking it already...
*Pakistan made 300+ runs on day 1 of the Boxing Day test? What the...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Phantom of the Opera is one musical I wouldn't mind seeing, i'll go with you kam ;)

Already had all the songs drilled into from the CD mum has.

Mark

12/31/2004 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home