Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Never trust a lady handing out free Boost bars...

Darn it, 1st week back to uni and I'm sick. I blame the amount of Cadbury Boost bars I ate during O-week. Wayyy too many. Chuck in the sometimes-cool-sometimes-warm weather this past week and I now have a sore throat, runny nose and not feel like doing anything but sleep.

Uni has been quiet so far as one would expect in week 1. The only real activity is on the walkway with the diary/student card collection and the clubs/society stalls. Had 3 lectures so far and none of them lasted the full 60/120 mins. Monday in Network Management (9-11) we got kicked out of Keith Burrows at 10 because of a lecture theatre clash with another course and instead of turning away a class of 200 they kicked us (class size about 60) out. Add to that I got to uni at 9:30 after yet another peak hour traffic nightmare on Victoria Rd, I should of stayed at home. Had Maccas breakfast with Lui and then went home, skipped lunch and slept. Throat starting to feel itchy.

Yesterday was Telco systems 2 with Tim Moors. I had this guy from Data Networks 1. He once kicked Mitchell and Gan out of class for talking and Gan actually had a bleeding nose as he was walking out. Funny moment. Anyway, yesterday's lecture lasted 30mins and it was just admin stuff. Boring.

CBS resumed again and it was good to see many 1st years (as well as others) I met during O-week rocking up. Grimmo spoke on Matthew 8:1-17 and in fact this session we'll be studying Matthew 8-13. Hopefully I can be more attentive than S2 last year when I found myself 'zoning out' on a regular basis. It's something I think I struggle with. Arrggh.

Today was Telco systems 2 again and I was actually on time for the 9am lecture cos I caught a train. Wow, trains running on time? You bet. But before I heap too much praise, let see whether this can last the session. Tim lectured on connectivity for half an hour before asking whether we want to continue on Friday. Everyone said yes. Went home, skipped lunch and slept. Itchy throat, runny nose, chesty cough - the whole lot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam Ngai said...

Hehe, Tim Moors, my thesis supervisor.

3/17/2006 1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home