Monday, August 30, 2004

Weekend Recap

Yeh, I know it's nearly 2 in the morning and I have a 3 hour lab starting at 9 to attend but hey, being an insomniac, sleep is not really part of your life. So here's a brief weekend recap:

Friday night: Poker at Mitch's place along with Nick, Paul, Russ and Alex. $15 Texas Hold'em No Limit. Won't say too much except Nick's $50 note is sitting nicely inside my wallet at the moment =) Play the man, not the cards as they say. Apparently this is going to be a fortnightly thing now. Hmmm...Hope I don't get too carried away and turn into some gambling addict.

Saturday: Dental check-up at Eastwood. Once again the dentist just gave the usual comment about paying even more attention to brushing now that wisdom teeth are growing and I was out of the clinic in no time. One check of the receipt showed my 10 minute stay cost $150. Thank god for private health insurance or whatever they call it. I then went to Direct Shoe Warehouse hoping to purchase a pair of casuals but couldn't find any my size. In fact, it's so hard to find a decent pair of US size 13s in Sydney these days...

Sunday: Church in the morning was followed by popping over to Mitch's place during the afternoon to work on the ELEC3017 group project. And what did I learn? I can't solder for peanuts =(

In footy related news, it looks like my team is eliminated from the final series in Virtual NRL (a fantasy sports game). Finishing third is still pretty good but why oh why did Amos Roberts have to get injured during the most crucial part of the season :(

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't say anything except...
Its 2am... and people are still making tightarse 10c raises. At that point I'd happily pay $15 to go home.

Gan

8/31/2004 8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gan,
If you want, just to appease you, next time we will set the white chips at a 50c each.. Will you be happy then?

Paul

8/31/2004 11:32 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

What's wrong with 10c raises? It's all about tactics mate...

9/01/2004 12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! I second that...

Paul

9/01/2004 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home