Thursday, June 01, 2006

The price to pay for a 10% assessment

Arrrggghhh, so annonyed with myself for what happened this morning. Apart from getting a parking fine, I can't say my handling of this morning's madness was very godly >.<

This morning was my turn to do the project management presentation and it was a 9am tut. Guess what time I woke up? 8:30..Eeepppp. After brushing my teeth, I grabbed my bag and bolted out of the house. The initial plan was to drive to West Ryde station, catch the train to Central and a cab to uni. But as I was driving, I thought I may as well go all the way to Strathfield where there will be more trains. So I got to Stratty, parked my car and made my way to the station before I realised...I FORGOT MY WALLET (But with $1.80 for the train fare). It was quarter to 9 and I was panicking. WHAT TO DO??? At this stage I think I had 3 options:

A) Go home and forget about the whole thing (and get 0 for the assessment)
B) Go home, get my wallet and head to uni where I would be ultra ultra late
C) Continue driving to uni without my license.

I went for option C (bad choice) and headed down Parramatta Road. Traffic wasn't bad at all and I got to uni at 9:30 and parked on Physics Lane (2hr parking) and ran to my tut room.

Apparently I was the first person called up to do the presentation so I made a real arse of myself coming in half an hour late. Ended up doing the presentation last after the other 8 people but at least it turned out alright (from my persepective, not sure about the tutor's). No stagefright or anything. I think given the non-technical aspect of the course, you can make things up as you go along and having worked at a project management company last year, I was able to draw from the experience and put it in the talk. Feeling quite happy with myself at the end of the tut, I returned to the car and found a white piece of paper on the windscreen...a $75 fine for not displaying a parking ticket whilst parking on uni premises. Noooooooo......that's right, you have to purchase a ticket when parking inside uni. Hmmm, should of parked on the street instead. Crap.

Alright, off to the post office to pay the fine...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

......................................__....................EAT SAND..................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\...GAN..

6/01/2006 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kam,

What would you do to the parking inspector if you could punish him with impunity? What would anyone else who reads this blog do? Don't be shy

Gan

6/01/2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I wouldn't do anything. Probably give him a stare.

6/01/2006 8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weak

Gan

6/02/2006 12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow
ive gotten a parking fine once too..
cos i parked a little too close to a church driveway.. man it was a Church driveway.. :P
i think either the inspector went around regular checkups OR the church called up someone to give me a fine hehe

ive had a few "important assessment" but then later sacrificing something else things too.. :) but also the other way around as well.. ie i didn't go to an assessment cos i was too late.. -- elec in 1st yr

6/02/2006 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home