Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Binge Gaming

I spent the majority of the Christmas weekend gaming and it's showing no signs of slowing. It all started on Christmas Eve when Richard, Chris and I went to Albert's place for LAN. It was my first time "LANing" so I'm not the hardcore gamer that some believe. We played a bit of Diablo 2 and then Pro Evolution 5 on PS2. PE5 is so much better than the FIFA series I'm contemplating whether I should get it but two things are stopping me: the $80-$90 price tag and the fact my computer will need upgrading (RAM and disc space for starters). It seems most games these days require at least 512-1Gig RAM and 2+ GB of hard disk to run :(

Then on Christmas Thomas who works at EB Games brought me Diablo 2 that I've been eyeing for some time. I know the game is old but I still enjoy it after years of playing (was playing a dodge copy before). I got it for a pretty good price too. Cost just under $50 originally but after EB sale and staff discount, paid $28 for it.

Another game I am playing is NBA Live 2004. It was a gift from my cousin when she visited us last year. I spent most of Boxing Day evening modifying the team rosters to reflect the current season and at the moment playing as the New Orlean Hornets. Just as they are crap in real life, we're 1-5 after 6 games...

Surprisingly I haven't been playing much of Championship Manager 01/02. Well I did for a while just before Christmas as manager of Marseille but got the sack in less than a season. I had no money to buy players... :(

Then there are online games like Euchre, Pool and Spades on Yahoo! games, Solitaire Showdown on MSN and of course Stickcricket.

My eyes are going square... 8)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home