Saturday, July 15, 2006

2 weeks of holidays gone already?

A few things happened over the past couple of days. Uni results came out on Thursday and yet again, I feel jipped for a few of the subjects. No, make that ALL the subjects bar one. I scrolled down the email and saw marks of 62,63,64...What the? So close to getting 3 credits?!?! At least thesis mark turned out quite good. I'm happy about that one :)

Met up with Albert yesterday and continued reading Acts after a two week hiatus (due to exams and him working on his 'off' days). We read Acts 4 and I was encouraged by the way the Holy Spirit worked in Peter and also the early Christians. Their boldness in proclaiming the Gospel is amazing. And how about Peter's comment on salvation?

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

I guess coinciding with the sermon at church on the Holy Spirit a few weeks ago, it made me ponder whether I really ask God to fill me with the Holy Spirit as I live my Christian life and whilst I serve Him. Definitely something to think and pray about. After that it was off to cell social. We made pizza for dinner...including a choc pizza. I jokingly told d. about the idea the night before but she insisted we make one! So our chocolate pizza consisted of marshmellows, choc toppings, crushed nuts (think that was it. I didn't actually make the pizza hehe). Chuck it in the oven and bake till the marshmellows melt. Serve with ice cream and strawberries. Yum.

Had youth ministry meeting this morning and things are looking good. The basic structure of the new EFC youth program looks in place and will start in 4th term (roughly October for those who have forgotten how the high school term dates work). Now we just gotta nut out the actual program/rostering/admin stuff and we are set to go! Oh wait, we need a name for the ministry too...

2 more sleeps before start of iRelate :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home