Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Timely mid-session break

Very timely indeed. The last two weeks or so brought back memories of thesis period i.e late-nights (or no sleep at all), feeling quite dead during the day, acting ungodly at times etc. Here are some stuff that happened.

Graduations
Mitch, James, and Simon To all had their graduations last Tuesday so had pictures with them.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mid-sessions
I think I failed both of them...don't really wanna get the results back. At least it's a BIG wake up call for me. Pass the subjects or hang back at uni for another year.

Work
As mentioned a few posts back, I got a casual job at a coaching college about three weeks ago and the first project was to write/develop a term 4 year 8 maths program. Took much longer than I thought and with the mid-sessions/other assessments, it was a hard slog. I dind't even sleep on the last three nights, just rushing to put the whole thing together. I can anticipate the guy calling me back to ask me to fix up certain parts of the worksheets.

Mission weekend away
I'm going to mission at the end of the year to Tarcutta (a small town near Wagga Wagga) so last weekened the 'Sydney' people and 'Wagga' people got together to meet each other for the first time. I was quite brain-dead after not sleeping much the two nights beforehand (see above) so just had barely enough energy to meet the Wagga team as well as some of the local people. Talking to the latter group made me realise how well off us city folks are over the country people. For example, one lady told me she still uses dial-up internet (28.8kbps) and how things have been pretty tough with the drought and all. Funnily enough, I experienced slow internet last night. Broadband was down so I used dial up and the speed was...yup, 28.8kbps. Gmail took forever to load. We also did a bit of doorknocking to let people know about the mission and came across this Christian truckie. He said: "My truck broke down last night and I couldn't understand why. Now I know...it's so I could talk to you guys!" LOL
On the Saturday night Sam, Noddy and I slept in Noddy's Camry and it turned out to be quite good actually. Realtively comfortable and warm. But I was quite buggered anyway so didn't really mind.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sam Ngai said...

Time to do less work and more study!

9/28/2006 1:33 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Or, more work/study and less online gaming...>_<

9/28/2006 3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhaa so cool! love the comment from the truckie!

nice to know ur getting a break of some sort, take it easy mate.

9/28/2006 12:41 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Hope your mission goes well.

Seems like the trip was fun.

But don't worry about the country people, they don't have to worry about commuting.

9/28/2006 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home