Saturday, February 03, 2007

Work gear

So I went to Macquarie Centre after Mayz and Ethan's engagement party to finish buying some work clothes. Looking back, I'm quite satisfied with the purchases over the last two weeks:

Julius Marlow shoes from Direst Shoe Warehouse: $80
Was hoping for even cheaper shoes seeing I was buying from DSW but 80 bucks is ok. Hopefully they are of good quality and will last for awhile.

Business shirts from Double Bay Warehouse: 2 for $30
Quite nice but they're made of cotton and polyester so in the end, maybe not such a wise purchase. I also have two other business shirts from industrial training so that should be enough to last the week. Hopefully Fridays are dress casual days.

Rio 5 pack business socks from Big W: $10
Cheap. I like.

Black pants from Big W: $30
Probably don't need it as I already own a pair but that one is a bit too big so bought one that's a size down and also in case I don't get the chance to wash it on the weekend (busy/rain etc) I have a spare pair for the following week.

Black belt from Big W: $20
Again don't really need it but with my existing Giordano one, one of the screws fell off so again, I bought this as a backup. Did actually consider getting a $40 one from Myer but couldn't justify myself getting it.

Converse Folio bag from Converse store, DFO: $20
Was $25 but there was a 20% storewide discount.

Total amount spent: $190
Perhaps the quality of the belt is questionable and I would have needed to spend a bit more had I not own some business shirts already. Of course there's the whole quality Vs price thing so I'll see whether I need to purchase new clothes 6-12 months down the track.

4 Comments:

Blogger char said...

hehe shopping dilemmas. can start a whole debate on quality vs price :)

2/03/2007 10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like an interesting day!

hope the gear serves you well.

2/03/2007 11:29 PM  
Blogger Jane Lam said...

*gasp* im horrified!!! you really need to come shopping with me instead! Guess its your first stash of work attire.

And no, you wont have gaping holes in ur wallet after a day with me =p

I give your work clothes a life of 2-3 months!

2/07/2007 1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mate

Congratulations once again on the good job you scored! Its been a long time coming i reckon, knew you'd get a good one though. Even better that you are working right next door...sikunt ;P

Catcha at lunch hour mate

Lui

2/08/2007 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home