Thursday, January 20, 2005

Do you drink beer??

If there is one strange question they ask in every interview, mark that down as one of them. Then again, what do you expect from engineers?

Today I went for an interview for industrial training (see previous post for more info). The meeting was in the afternoon at 2 so I was quite nervous throughout the morning and during lunch time. Also, I wore a grey-ish business shirt I bought yesterday and being a hot hot day today (it's stormin and rainin as I type), I was worried I would end up looking like this guy:


The interview itself was quite casual. For the half an hour that I was in the boardroom, they asked questions like:

*Where you live
*Which school did you go to?
*Do you have a driver licence?
*Employment history
*Uni studies
*Career aspirations (um...err...)
etc

Then they gave me a run down of the structure of the company and the kind of work interns do. The bit I like most is the possibility of going interstate and assist in projects. Then came the question:

"Do you drink beer?"

It seems the other interns don't drink so I think they were surprised (or relieved?) that I said 'yes'. Hahahahaha...

And that's about it. They now want me to send my academic results. Great, they get to see how I stuffed up both HSC and uni. Blah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home