Saturday, December 31, 2005

2005: The year that was (Part II)

A broken heart. No one likes it but some people experience it. I did this year. What happened you might ask. I wish I could provide you with an answer but really, I don't know myself. Certainly the months leading to that day in September led me to believe something was possible. Was I serious about the whole thing? Of course. So what happened? I DON'T KNOW!!!! All I know is that it happened at a very bad time - It was the start of 4 weeks of uni assessments. My mind was NOT focused (duh).

Now 3 months later, I'm moving on. Memories still linger from time to time but I think the best way is to just forget and move on. No point looking back cos it hurts too much.

In terms of Christian growth, 2005 was wonderful. I attended my first KYC and MYC and they were both great. Both events gave me the chance to chill out from the day-to-day busyness and be focused on God's Word. I'm really looking forward to do it all over again next year. Church-wise, I've been involved in a couple of ministries and although it was tiring at times, God is really building me up to carry out his works and plans. I enjoyed working in the kids fellowship group even though some of them are naughty as!! Of course there were obstacles too. My bible reading wasn't as consistent as I hoped and I definitely need to pay more attention during talks (funnily enough, reading Hebrews now and chapter 2 warns about paying attention to what we have heard so we don't drift away).

I wonder what God will bring in 2006?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home