Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Long long weekend coming up!!

And my first week of uni is done. No need to go back till Monday (Same deal for 'even' weeks so next week will be another short one). Yaaayyyy!

Had Mobile & Satellites on Monday but the lecturer didn't turn up. How gay. Could have told us beforehand he's still in holiday mode rather than making us waste money and time going in for nothing. Did get to check out the new law building from the outside. It looks nice but I don't understand why they made the library visible for all to see on the main walkway. I might go check out the inside sometime during the session and even go to a few lectures :P

No class on Tuesday but went in for CBS anyway. Joshua challenged us about making disciples (Matt 28:10) but not before asking us: "Are you a disciple?" or better still: "Are you a REAL disciple?". You can wear a mission hoodie (which I'm still waiting for mine to arrive) or an engineering lanyard but do you really follow Jesus and live your life for the sake of the gospel? Quote unquote Josh: "We are to be the MSG of the world" :P I also got to achieve my life-long dream of being a sandwich-board boy...just kidding. Because there was a late change of location, we had to figure out a way to let people know. So Mick our faculty MTSer being the engineer, scribbled on two CBS posters the new location, taped them on me and got me to walk around the commerce courtyard/library area. Hmmm...think I got some stares but it also proved helpful for a few guys running a bit late so I guess it wasn't too bad :0

Finally had my first class today at 4-6pm. I can see Wireless Data Communication Systems gonna be a pain in the bum for the rest of the session. The lecturer kept referring to stuff from a course I did more than two years ago and I have absolutely no recollection of it. And today was only a course overview/intro lecture. Uh-oh, this is going to be interesting.

I'm done for this week. Time for a break.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

No-one is anyone until they become a sandwich board for the gospel.

Although, you can never tell whether those people wearing the sandwich boards are genuine disciples or not.

I think I might also stick to being ordinary salt... I can't/shouldn't eat MSG for (allegedly poorly founded according to a certain person's mum) medical reasons.

7/27/2006 9:41 PM  
Blogger Sam Ngai said...

How Gay!

7/28/2006 4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home