Sunday, January 23, 2005

Back from KYC

From the moment Richard picked me up from Central station on Friday afternoon to Jimmy dropping me off a few hours ago, I won't forget KYC 2005 in a hurry. It was awesome!!!

All of the talks were really interesting, helpful and more importantly, challenging to all of us. I liked Tim Bowden's talks better than Paul Winsor's but probably because Tim adds humour in his talks and I couldn't get a hold of Paul's Kiwi accent but hey, it was God's word that we all heard. I also ordered the talks in MP3 format so if anyone is interested, I can lend them to you once they arrive.

The fellowship was also great. All the guys stayed at a place near Echo Point so we got a really good view of the valley from the living room. We watched the Oz Open, talked about what we got out of the talks and played 500. A Sydney High Vs Sydney Grammar game of 500 was played on Friday night with the Grammar boys victorious by 2 games to 1. Ah, the GPS rivalry never dies =P Speaking of Sydney High, I actually saw two guys from my grade at KYC, one whom I haven't seen since graduation so that was pretty cool.

If there was one downside to the whole weekend, it had to be the weather. When we got there on Friday night, it was chilly. Fair enough, given we were at the mountains. But from that point onwards, It just went downhill. Saturday morning was sunny and quite warm but by the time we finished lunch around mid afternoon, storm clouds gathered and just bucketed down - rain and hail. It cleared up a bit by night and a mist formed but it started raining again after the night session. But this morning was just plain crazy. It was raining quite heavily and very windy as well. It felt more like winter than what one would expect in the middle of January. I think I learnt my lesson - A jumper is highly recommended if you intend to stay in Katoomba, even if it's January >_<

Bring on KYC 2006! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home