Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Happy (Chinese) New Year

What a whirlwind of a day. Interview at 9, started working by 9:30. I have Industrial Training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!! My table and computer won't arrive till next week so at the moment I am just 'moonlighting'. Anyway, my first day consisted of sitting next to this graduate project engineer doing tenders. Boring but stressful. By mid-afternoon, the engineer was on her way to chucking a computer rage. Other things I observed:

1. Everyone carries a mini notepad. Fair enough. They gave me one to start things off.
2. 2 people use swiss balls as chairs.
3. The dude sitting opposite me plays Stick Cricket.
4. That same dude was chewing gum the whole day. His jaw never stopped moving.
5. POST-IT notes are absolutely essential. Now I just need to find the stationary room.
6. One guy listens to his iPod while he is working.

So how am I gonna survive 5 days of working from 8-6 for the next 6 months or so? As the graduate engineer said: "You'll need sleep". Now that's a challenge - Going to bed early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home