Friday, February 18, 2005

Who is Marie?

It's Friday evening, the end of a long working week. You are waiting at the bus stop for a bus that is already late. You are tired and can't wait to get home for dinner. The phone rings.

"Hello?"
"Hi, may I speak to Marie please?"
"Sorry, you got the wrong number."
"You sure? Isn't this 04XX XXX XXX?"
"Yes, but I've had this number for the past 5 years."
"Oh. Sorry. Bye."

Who is this Marie person? I've been getting the occasional call from people looking for her since August last year. IT IS SO ANNONYING. Arrrgghghhhh.....

Anyway, my first full week at work has been interesting:

-I still don't have a desk to work at but the new project engineer who started yesterday has one. What gives? I'm still sharing a computer and desk with a graduate enginner and she gets SOOOO stressed from about 3pm onwards.
-My computer only arrived on Thursday but is still sitting inside the box (see above).
-Paper abuse is rife. Whatever happened to the term "paperless office"? paper, paper and more paper!!
-Acronyms. FC,DC,MS,SWP,EME,RFQ,AAPCS,VF,PE,PM...very confusing.
-The stationary are kept in a cabinet next to the coke machine. It is about the size of a coke machine. Speaking of the coke machine, I find myself buying a can of coke everyday for a dose of afternoon caffeine 'hit'.
-Word templates are the bomb!!
-I really suck using Excel.
-Haven't experienced Mondayitis yet but Friday is definitely the best. It's dress casual day and 3 cartons of alcohol are placed in the kitchen at 4:30pm.

Met up with Albert for lunch today at Mandarin Centre. It was good to see him again after his 3 month mission trip to SE Asia. From our conversations, God really used him to reach out to those who have never heard of Christ before. How awesome is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home